Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm ready to announce it to the world!

I'm preggers!  I found out at 4.5 weeks and Rodrigo and I have been trying to keep it a secret.  As soon as we found out- we booked a long weekend away at the beach to celebrate.  We took off the day after my 8 week checkup with the doctor- it was the first time that we were able to see a picture of Baby Rios.  The picture to the left was taken on our vacation- me at 8 weeks after we went snorkeling and found a starfish.  
Our due date is January 3rd and we couldn't be more excited about the months to come!!!  I'm so thankful that we were able to get pregnant so quickly and without the stress that so many women have to go through. 
I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant now!  So far it's been the easiest pregnancy on record.  Other than tinkling every 20 minutes, my face breaking out and starting to get a fat belly it's been a breeze.  I've had very little morning sickness and I can't tell if my cravings are new or if they are just the same intensity of cravings that I've always had... hello cupcakes! 
I've only had one doctors appointment and I have the next one this Thursday.  The doctor thinks I'm totally nuts- when she asked what my biggest fear about labor and delivery is, I told her that I'm most scared about the thought of pooping on the table.  She just looked at Rodrigo and shook her head and tried not to laugh. I was being totally serious!
Rodrigo and I are starting to think about baby names (no I don't need everyone's opinion about this subject) and we are starting to visit the baby stores.  I've started reading a few baby books and trying to weed through all of the do's and don'ts of pregnancy.  Oy vey!  The don'ts are starting to be a little much. 
I'm looking to all of the (positive) advice that my friends and family have to share!!!

1 comment: