Wednesday, August 31, 2011

22 weeks and counting

Yes, I know- I haven't been keeping anyone up to date on the pregnancy.  I am making a promise to blog at least once a week from now on.  Here's the update since my last post:
1. 3 weeks ago we found out that my sweet baby is a little boy and we couldn't be happier!  He thinks he is a soccer player already.  This child kicks me day and night and I think it's the best feeling in the whole world!!!  A lot of moms-to-be don't feel the baby kicking for several more weeks but I've felt my baby boy for 3 weeks now.  The ultrasound tech says that he's just like me because during morning ultrasounds all he does is yawn.
2.  Early last week me and the little soccer player ended up in the hospital for a few hours.  I was admitted for dehydration and I will never let that happen again.  They put me in a labor and delivery room and us hooked up to machines for several hours.  Who knew that when you are dehydrated you start having contractions?!  The amount of water that you have to drink to rehydrate your self is obscene!  It took 5 days for us to be fully re-hydrated.  But everything is fine now and we are both just fine. 
3.  My belly popped out in the last couple of days.  I don't fit in many of my clothes any longer so I'm waiting for big sweater season to hit soon!  The good news is that since it's a baby boy I'm all stomach.  I've gained 13 pounds so far and I think it must be only in the belly- from the back I don't really look preggers.
4.  We are completely behind on the nursery but we're working on it.  We aren't really "theme nursery" people but we know that we want lots of colors and animals in his room.
Ok, if I give it all away now I won't have anything to blog about next week.  Here is a pic of my big belly- I know some of you are just dying to see how big I've gotten for some reason.  ; ) 












No comments:

Post a Comment