Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nursery for our baby boy!

Even though we have no clue where we will be living when we bring Santiago home, we are buying little things here and there for his nursery.
We won't have his nursery set up until December but I thought that I would share some pics of a few of the items that will be in his nursery.  We wanted to add elements that he would be able to use in his room for many years to come so we decided on animals.  Here is an elephant ratan hamper that just got delivered today:
The main colors of the room will be yellow, gray and blue with little accents of other colors throughout the room.  I made yarn letters that will sit on a book shelf.  They are sitting on his new flokati rug that I got at Ikea:
We have his bumper finally and the fabric for the curtains.  The animal swatch is what his bumper is made from and the gray chevron swatch is what we will use for his curtains:
We ordered a few pictures for his wall and have them framed already.  Other than that, we are a little behind but he won't know the difference.  ; )
I'm still growing and have gained 15 pounds so far.  I hit 23 weeks yesterday- one more week until my 6 month milestone.
It's just started to hit me that I know nothing about babies so I'm signing up for birthing classes and trying to read more.   We finally registered at Babies R Us and Target but I fear that we had no idea what we should really be registering for.  I guess I'll learn as I go.  We will just give him lots of food and love and hope he grows up strong and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment