Friday, September 16, 2011

Yep.. This is really happening

This is the time in the pregnancy that I like to call "holy sh*%, I'm having a baby".  It became real all of the sudden and I feel uninformed and ill-prepared to be a mom.  I'm terrified suddenly but excited at the same time!  For once in my life I actually welcome others advice (as long as it's positive).
So now I'm going to sign up for a million birthing classes and make sure that I have all of the information that I need.  Last night Rodrigo and I toured the maternity ward at the hospital.  I've been second guessing having Santiago at Emory so I was hoping that the tour would make me feel better.  The fact that the tour started 20 minutes late and we were the "cleanest" looking couple there made Rodrigo want to bolt for the door.  The great news is that Emory has a ton of security to make sure that no one steals your baby- which by the way I never knew that I actually needed to worry about.  The nurse was very sweet and the rooms were fairly nice.  They encourage a relaxing birthing process and allow you to have music, low lights and lay in a warm bath- pretty much sold me there folks!  My fancy husband was concerned about the small size of the mother/baby rooms (the birthing rooms were larger) so he wants to tour another hospital. 
I'm feeling a little better about the process but I'm anxious to start the birthing and lactation classes.  We still haven't bought much for the baby.  We go to Babies R Us almost every weekend and just stare at everything on the shelves. 
I'm still on track with my weight gain despite the horrible food decisions that I continue to make.  I'm concentrating more on eating fruit and veggies and other healthy foods every day.  The weather is getting cooler so I'm able to get outside and walk which makes me feel better.  There are some that are dying for me to get fat.  I'm realizing that those people have issues and I'm just ignoring them.  They are the same ones that like to share baby horror stories with me.
Here is a pic of Santiago for my sweet sister-in-law, I miss her very much and wish that she was in Atlanta with me.  I'm 24 weeks now and this pic was taken at 19 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment